Top Ad 728x90

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Here's how I finally fixed my junky home Wi-Fi




Here's how I finally fixed my junky home Wi-Fi

Until this past week, I wasn't able to get a steady Wi-Fi connection in most rooms of my house.
Then I tried a new solution called "mesh networking" and fixed everything in minutes.
Here's some background: If I sat downstairs in my 1920s colonial, I might be lucky enough to get a fast enough connection to browse the web from my living room or dining room. Anything further, like the Amazon Echo in my kitchen, just couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi router in my den. Streaming movies upstairs was out of the question.

Fighting plaster and lathe walls

It wasn't necessarily my router's fault. My house is loaded with plaster and lathe walls that destroy Wi-Fi signals. Knowing this was going to be a problem no matter what router I had in my home office, I set out to try mesh networking.

Keep Reading........msn.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad 728x90